Anyone who’s used a device that’s connected to the Internet will more than likely have seen or heard the phrases “Cyber Security” or “Cyber Safety”. If you’ve used an online store such as Amazon, E-bay or even the local supermarket, then you’ll have had to sign up for a passworded account. You might also do a fair amount of your banking online, or use systems like PayPal to send vendors money.
If any of the above applies to you, or if you’re considering using any form of online service, including email, social media or forums, then you need to be aware of what’s out there, and what you can do to defend yourself against it.
Advice To Improving Your Digital Security
These posts are all about you…
You, and how you can keep yourself as safe as possible while online. All of these articles offer some rules you should follow in order to tighten up the security on your devices and keep those who would seek to do you harm out of your life.
- Improving Your Routers’ Security 6/4/2017 - How to greatly improve the security of your home network.
- Creating (and Remembering) Secure Passwords 28/4/2017 - A guide to creating and remembering secure passwords
If you have questions about any of these posts, or would like me to look into and write something based around a specific area of cyber safety, please feel free to send me a message via the contact page and I’ll gladly look into it.
Cyber Security Information & Background
Whilst the topics below don’t directly provide advice on how we might be able to keep ourselves safer online, they offer background information as to what’s happening in the digital world, and how these things can affect us.
Passwords – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
As individuals, passwords are our first line of defence against hackers and online thieves, preventing would be attackers from easily accessing our information on an individual basis.
- We Still Don’t Protect Ourselves – Some Password Statistics - A look at some facts and figures about password security
- Password Psychology - A lttle explanation around the reasons for our password choices
- 100 Of The Most Common Passwords - The 'Wonderful 100' - 100 of the most used passwords