Computer storage devices are a fundamental and vital component of any computer system. Without such devices, computers would be unable to store data for retrival at a later time, making them virtually useless.
This category looks at the various types of data storage devices which can be used in computer systems.
- Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) 9/2/2017 - Details about the design and operation of hard disk drives
- Solid State Drives (SSDs) & ‘Flash Drives’ 13/2/2017 - An introduction to solid state and 'flash' drives.
- Multimedia Card SSDs 16/2/2017 - A different variation on solid state drives - Multimedia Cards
- Solid State Hybrid Drives (SSHDs) 20/2/2017 - A look into drives that combines the best features of HDDs and SSDs
- Optical Discs & Drives 27/2/2017 - A review of optical discs and their many incarnations
- Tape Drives & Embedded Multimedia Cards 1/3/2017 - Two very different types of storage device - Tape drives and eMMC